I am installing Connection Server on Windows Server 2012 R2. This is the broker which connects the users to their respective virtual desktops. This Administrative page allows you to manage the complete virtual desktop environment, create desktop pools, setup policy etc. Make sure adobe flash player is installed on the system to access the admin console.
- Download the VMware Horizon Suite from VMware website.
- Start the installation and accept the license.
- The same installation setup can be used to install as a connection server or a replica server or a security server, as this would be our first connection server (broker), we would choose the connection server. Also there is "HTML access" option to access virtual desktops on browser.
- Setup the password to protect data backup of view connection server.
- Configure default Windows Firewall setting if not using any specific ports.
- Select initial view administrator. This could later be modified.
- Proceed further and click on install.
- This concludes the installation of View Connection Server.
- Click on the View Administrator Console icon to login to the Connection Server.
- To add vCenter Server, click
on servers under "view
configuration" and click on add.
- Enter the vCenter Server details and proceed further. Skip the composer settings for now.
That concludes the installation of connection server and adding vCenter Server to Connection Server. Multiple vCenter Server could added and Virtual Desktops could be provisioned. Virtual Desktop could be deployed on demand either by
2. VMware Composer (Linked Clone)
Also, sessions through RDS on Windows Server OS. I would cover on these topics in future blog posts, hope this was helpful.