Issue: During the configuration of vCloud Automation Center Server, when you try to connect to the vCloud Automation Center console at "https://vcac-hostname.domain.name/vcac" on Internet Explorer 8 or higher you receive the below error
"The vCloud Automation Center console is not supported for Internet Explorer in compatibility mode"
Documentation: Below is the snipped of vCloud Automation Center 6.1 Installation and Configuration Guide where it clearly say:
Keep in mind vCloud Automation Center requirements when choosing a browser to use with vCloud Automation Center.
As per the documentation, if you set the browser mode to Internet Explorer 7
- Press F12 or Click on Tools and select Developers Tools.
- Select Browser Mode as IE7.
- The vCAC console page automatically refreshes. Login with the SSO credentials.
- Now it throws a new error message, which contradicts with recommendation provided in the above documentation.
- Now Press F12 again and select Browser Mode as IE8, not the IE 8 compatibility View.
- The page automatically refreshes and logs you in the vCAC Console.
Input by +Sawab Ahmed
In some cases there might be some AD Group policies set which might restrict a user access to F12/Developer options.
You may Perform the following in those cases:
1. Navigate to Tools --> Compatibility View Settings.
2. Uncheck the option "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" and "Display all websites in Compatibility View"
3. Restart the Internet Explorer and you shouldnot get the warning anymore.